To apply for LI-HEAP ( Low Income Heating and Energy Assistance Program ) benefits, you will need the following documents:
· Unexpired photo ID for primary applicant (driver's license, state ID, EBT card w/photo, passport)
· SSN cards and dates of birth for all household members (or SSN verification document)
· Fuel vendor name and account #
· Most recent CMP bill (to include account #, service address and the graph of usage) (Note: bill must be in the name of a household member in order to apply for any of the CMP low-income assistance programs.
· Most recent Water District or natural gas bill- if applicable
· If rent is subsidized, please bring a housing certification letter (HUD form 50058/59 or RD 3560-8) in effect on date of application.
· Proof of gross income for all household members (pay stubs for past three to 12 months, Social Security award letter, pension benefit statement, and if self-employed, a 2022 federal tax return)